I think you can tell a lot about a company, specifically an airline company, by how they treat the people in economy. If a company can treat its lowest fare and budget customers well then they are probably overall a good company to be doing business with.
Today I’m going to be reviewing Emirates Airlines Economy Class
The first time I’d ever flown with Emirates was on this trip, and we’ve had a few flights with them now.
- The inside of the Boeing 777 was probably the nicest, cleanest, and probably the newest airplane I’d ever been in.
- Seats were comfortable, and there was enough leg room that my legs and feet were not cramped with my backpack under the seat in front of me. Have you ever noticed on a lot of airplanes, when you put your carry on under the seat in front of you, you no longer have anywhere to put your feet? Ugh so annoying. But not this time, I had plenty of feet space and it was really nice.
- The lighting was really nice, I don’t think this is something I would have noticed if it hadn’t been so cool. For the night portion of the flights the cabin was of course dark but there were little stars on the ceiling of the cabin, a totally cool, but unnecessary touch that I appreciated. And when the lights came up it was almost like a sunrise with the lights fading from purple to pink to yellow. It was honestly quite beautiful.
- Flight attendants for the most part were friendly and available if you needed anything.
- They seemed to be greeting certain guests specifically, maybe they were part of a rewards program or frequent flier, but it seemed like a nice touch.
- I did have one flight attendant who was a bit rude. She kept coming by and asking if our seatbelts were on, several times throughout the flight, even when the seatbelt sign was off. This really wouldn’t have bothered me, I get it, keeping people safe is the job, but at one point I got her attention to ask for a glass of water and she cut me off, by asking if my seatbelt was on, which it clearly was, I didn’t have a blanket covering it, then she promptly walked away, leaving me still parched. I did get a glass of water by flagging down another flight attendant, so I wasn’t left high and dry. But that whole exchange was very strange to me. I’m just going to chalk that one experience up to the fact that she was probably having a bad day, we all have them, it’s fine.
- The personal entertainment screen at your seat is probably the fanciest I’ve ever seen.
- There is onboard wifi is you really want to get on the internet.
- They have a really good selection of movies and shows to watch.
- The food was, dare I say it? It was good, and you get a lot of options to choose from when you book your flight, so if you have any dietary restrictions you should be able to get a meal that meets you needs.
- Beer and wine are complimentary on all Emirates flights, even in Economy. I didn’t find this out until later but, always good to know, and next time I’ll definitely have a glass of wine with my dinner!
- They use those shitty old headphone jacks with require two pronged headphones, so unless you have that (and who does?) you have to use the headphones provided to watch the movies. It’s kind of a bummer especially when my Bose headphones have so much better sound quality and just sitting in my bag because I can’t use them.
Over all flying with Emirates in Economy was a good experience and I’d definitely fly with them again. As far as economy flying it was probably the best experience I’d ever had. They really seem to care about their customers no matter what price they paid for their seat.
I’m going to give them an A- for overall good quality, with a couple little hiccups in service and those stupid headphone jacks.
Have you flown with Emirates before? What did you think of them as an airline and how was your flight?